The Public Health program offers those who are interested in studying it, to train them to:
- Prevent epidemics and spread of diseases.
- Protect the population against environmental damage.
- Prevent damage to health.
- Promote and encourage healthy behaviors.
- Respond to disasters and assist affected communities.
- Guarantee the quality and accessibility of health services.
Form high quality, critical and innovative human resources capable of generating knowledge and answering research questions in order to generate proposals for the preparation, implementation and evaluation of health policies and programs.